Assess your networks and telecom services solutions and determine how to save money and increase performance
Spohn has been engineering and optimizing networks for many years. It’s one of our core strengths. We have talented engineers, carrier and product specialists on staff and on hand to provide you the information you need to take the next step with your network infrastructure.
Telecom Solution Design
Get the engineers and product specialists to the table to design your next telecom solution – voice, data, hosting, wireless or any other product or service offered. This is the heavy lifting done for you typically prior to or as part of a technology upgrade.
Spohn has certified engineers on staff to assist you in designing your next access, voice, data, video, network or hosting solution. Our engineers also have access to a network of carrier engineering and product specialists that contribute to the project. Spohn engineers consult with you to gather requirements that relate to the specific service and translate them to the optimal solution the meets your preference for performance, cost and value.
Deliverables include hourly consulting, inventory, network maps, schematics, carrier service descriptions and other related documents, recommendations and others depending on the solution.
Solution Design is offered on a No-fee and For-fee basis.
Telecom Network Assessment
Want to get a handle on how your network is really performing? This is a high-level or deep-packet assessment of your network infrastructure designed to gather the high and low level data to identify over and under utilization and network configuration problems.
Spohn’s Network Assessment service provides the information you may need to plan for expansions, solve application performance issues, check and plan for capacity changes, determine over and under utilization and identify cost savings. Ours is a flexible service offer designed to meet your requirements for information on your network within a cost, process and time frame you can live with.
A Network Assessment for your business can be provided based on a standard Spohn statement of work with predefined activities and deliverables or may be based on your custom requirements.
Scope of work for your Network Assessment may include some or all of the following:
- Interview IT and Business managers to gather requirements
- Generate an Inventory of network devices
- Create a network topology map
- Gather and analyze router and switch configuration, codes, logs, device errors, CPU and memory utilization
- Measure and analyze network performance and utilization metrics and throughput statistics
- Gather and analyze application traffic patterns
- Gather and analyze data from carrier customer portals
- Develop report on findings and make recommendations for improvement
- Present to client findings and recommendations
- Consult with client on improvements
Deliverables include a copy of all data gathered and a State of the Network report indicating what we found with recommendations for improvement. Spohn consultants meet with your staff on all aspects before, during and after the assessment in formal and informal meetings.
Want to get a handle on how your network and applications are really performing? This is a deep packet assessment of your network infrastructure designed to gather the high and low level data to identify over and under utilization and network configuration problems.
Telecom Network Assessment is offered on a No-fee and For-fee basis.
Telecom Whiteboard Session
Get your IT staff together with a technology specialist to high-level or deep-dive on any telecom carrier, service or technology that is important to you and your team. Use this time to identify ways to lower costs and improve performance.
Spohn telecom consultants are versed in the portfolio of services from the leading U.S. based carriers and regularly share their knowledge within whiteboard sessions. These sessions are tailored to address the topics of your choosing and provide as much high-level overview or low-level data as needed. These are a great way for your team to increase their knowledge in carrier offers and related technology while also building a closer relationship with Spohn.
Following are just a few topics we recently reviewed with other clients:
- MPLS Technologies – An overview of MPLS Network offers from multiple carriers including general features, benefits, redundancy, QOS and list pricing. The technology behind the service is reviewed along with configuration and installation processes. A basic business case is identified and an initial ROI of the service is developed.
- SIP Trunking – An overview of IPFlex-type offers from multiple carriers including general features, benefits, call plans and list pricing. The technology behind the service is reviewed along with configuration and installation processes. A basic business case is identified and an initial ROI of the service is developed.
- Ethernet – An overview of Ethernet services and technology is presented and contrasted to traditional Internet Accesses services. The “gotcha’s” are covered that Spohn sees that many customers are not aware of and that cause delays in installation and cost overruns. Electrical vs. Optical interfaces are covered as well as the other technical aspects of carrier service offers.
- Cloud Computing – Cloud computing means something different to everybody and this session clarifies how carriers have defined it and aligned their services.
Telecom White board sessions are held in person and at your location or remote via. Web meeting or teleconference. Sessions are generally scheduled for 1 hour but may be scheduled for as short as 30 minutes and as long as two hours.
White board sessions are offered on a No-fee and For-fee basis.