||Spohn & Associates
||Spohn Consulting Services
||01 June 2016
||Associate Security Consultant Security Consultant Senior Security Consultant
||Full Time, Hybrid, 1099
||Peter Karavites, VP of Consulting
||8940 Research Suite 300, Austin, TX 78758
||Spohn Consulting provides a range of services for customers in the Information Security realm. Our main products are Security Audits, Security Assessments, Risk Assessments, and Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning.
- Consulting for outside customers
- Telecommunication system security
- Security of Information systems
- Security systems assessments and auditing
- Report and documentation generation
- Independent work
- Advising customers
This position encompasses:
This individual will be responsible for conducting on-site assessments and audits of physical, technical and administrative controls to determine an organization’s ability to preserve the confidentiality, availability and integrity of its information assets. Performing this job will require gather data using complex security tools, analyzing the gathered data and presenting it in documents to customers. In addition, this individual will be responsible for delivering the full range of Spohn security services. As a Security consultant, the individual is expected to be able to operate independently while at the customer site as well as analyze and prepare customer deliverables with little assistance.
- Perform internal security audits and prepare reports
- Perform vulnerability assessments and prepare reports
- Conduct Risk assessments for customers as well help customers conduct risk assessments as well as give training to customers on how to conduct risk assessments
- Provide documentation, project tracking and management reporting on your billable activates
- Effectively manage projects for efficiency, completion and quality
- Provide support in creating customer proposals, designing work specifications, pricing proposals and writing service description documentation
- Supports the development Spohn security service offerings.
- Evaluate the application of encryption technology
- Perform penetration and vulnerability analysis of customer environments
- Configure and install networking devices including servers, hubs, switches, routers, firewalls, IDS.
- Perform other duties as required by company operations.
||Primarily responsible for performing security services work for outside customers from the line of Spohn security offerings.
- Engage customers
- Run tools
- Conduct interviews
- Gather data
- Analyze results
- Document results
- Present results
- Support further product development
- Support collateral development
- Support sales calls
||Periodically perform various projects such as:
- Statement of work development
- Product development
- Automation of process used in completing security services
- Degree desirable, but not necessarily a requirement.
- Certifications desirable but, no specific certification required
- Able to formulate, understand and communicate abstract concepts
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of databases, SQL, and reports
- Risk analysis process knowledge
- Specific knowledge in exploiting vulnerabilities for ethical hacking
- Working knowledge of Information Security Products and Techniques (Intrusion Detection, Firewall & systems monitory, encryption technologies/VPNs/PKI/IPSEC, etc.)
- System administration skill for Linux, Unix, etc.
- System administration skills for MS Windows Server and Workstation
- Ability to develop processes to conduct and document assessments
- Ability to define a security service offering for marketing collateral
- Must work daily from the Austin office
- Must be willing to travel (we have designed our product to require between 1/10th and 1/3rd onsite work. The remainder of the work will be performed from our offices. This should translate to 10-30% travel. However, the candidate must be prepared to travel more if necessary.
||Electrical and Computer Engineering
||CISSP, CISA, MCSE, CCDA, CCNA, Security+, BCP