Spohn Consulting, a leader in providing carrier-class network consulting,
training and security solutions, is currently seeking regional sales
professionals to generate revenue through the development of direct and
indirect sales channels. This is a highly visible opportunity for a successful
account executive to spread his/her wings.
We are looking for proven technical sales talent to join our team. The successful candidate will drive new client acquisition and sales of telecom and security services. This includes identifying, qualifying, negotiating, and closing deals to quota each month. We are looking for hunters, not farmers! You must have ability to sell to targeted global and middle markets businesses within assigned geographic region. You will be responsible for developing a client list of at least 100 target accounts, obtaining customer meetings with C-level decision makers; selecting and designing the appropriate voice, data, consulting, and training services that address the client’s business needs (with the help of a sales engineer); obtaining (with the help of operations staff) and presenting pricing to customer, closing the sale, overseeing the implementation of the service (operations staff performs most of work), and then increasing the share of wallet of that client. You should have broad, high-level knowledge of the telecommunication industry with track record of acquisition sales on new clients and proven quota achievement.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Select, design, and present complex business solutions to multi-levels of mid and large-scale business accounts.
- Identify, Qualify, Present, Negotiate and Close complex deals.
- Need to be able to cold call effectively and will be measured against specific metrics.
- Maintain relationships with key clients and increase share of wallet per client.
- Provide accurate sales and activity forecasts to executive management using Salesforce.com.
- Consistently meet targeted sales quota with ramp up period.
- Perform other duties as required by company operations.
- Proven experience in exceeding quota by strategically selling a full product line portfolio of telecommunication, networking and integration solutions to middle markets and larger clients.
- Proven success in selling to C-Level decision makers.
- Proven ability to self-generate leads through cold calling and a demonstrated high closure rate.
- Can develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity,creativity and innovativeness.
- Good interpersonal/customer-relations skills and the ability to guide customer ideas into realistic solutions.
- Has demonstrated ability to manage customer sales process with little supervision and close deals within standard intervals.
- Ability to maintain excellent relationships with staff, senior management, customers, and trading partners. Ensures that all communication is proactively maintained.
- Superior organizational abilities in maintaining multiple accounts along with superior customer service and satisfaction while successfully accomplishing multiple tasks.
- Primary skill of being able to acquire accounts while servicing existing accounts.
- Business understanding of voice and data communication systems and technologies including, but not limited to access services (DSL, PL, SONET, Metro Ethernet), Frame Relay, ATM, IP, MPLS services,and security fundamentals.
- Business understanding of information security, compliance, audits and penetration testing services
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and negotiation skills. Willingness to improve in personal knowledge as it applies to supporting the company’s objectives.
Position requires extensive use of the telephone and face-to-face communications, which requires excellent and accurate communication skills.
- Requires 25% travel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.