||Spohn & Associates
||15 Feb 2016
||Associate BCP ConsultantBCP ConsultantSenior BCP Consultant
||Steve Davies, VP of Consulting
||8940 Research, Suite 300, Austin, TX 78758
||Spohn Consulting provides a range of services for customers in the Information Security realm. Our main products are Security Audits, Security Assessments, Risk Assessments, and Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning.
This position encompasses:
- Creating Business Impact Assessment documents
- Creating Risk Assessment documents
- Designing Recovery Strategies
- Writing Recovery Strategy documents
- Writing Business Continuity Plans
- Writing Disaster Recovery Plans
- Creating, reviewing and critiquing continuity plans
- Report and documentation generation
- Independent work
- Advising customers
This individual will be responsible for conducting on-site assessments and generating BC and DR plans. Performing this job will require gather data using multiple methods including interviewing, analyzing the gathered data and presenting results in documents to customers.
As a BCP consultant, the individual is expected to be able to operate independently while at the customer site as well as analyze and prepare customer deliverables with little assistance.
- Perform BCP consulting and prepare reports
- Conduct interviews and gather data to create BIA documents
- Conduct Risk assessments for customers as well help customers conduct risk assessments as well as give training to customers on how to conduct risk assessments
- Provide documentation, project tracking and management reporting on your billable activates
- Effectively manage projects for efficiency, completion and quality
- Provide support in creating customer proposals, designing work specifications, pricing proposals and writing service description documentation
- Supports the development Spohn BCP offerings.
- Evaluate recovery strategies
- Guide executives on the process of taking an organization through the BCP proces
- Understand key technologies such as high availability data storage, virtualization and system redundancy
- Perform other duties as required by company operations.
||Primarily responsible for performing BCP services work for outside customers from the line of Spohn BCP offerings.
- Engage customers
- Run tools
- Conduct interviews
- Gather data
- Analyze results
- Document results
- Present results
- Support further product development
- Support collateral development
- Support sales calls
||Periodically perform various projects such as
- Statement of work development
- Product development
- Automation of process used in completing BCP services
- Degree desirable, but not necessarily a requirement
- Certifications desirable but, no specific certification required
- Able to formulate, understand and communicate abstract concepts
- Ability to analyze data and derive summaries
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of databases, SQL, and reports
- Risk analysis process knowledge
- Specific knowledge in generating BC and DR plans
- Working knowledge of technology and DR strategies
- Ability to develop processes to conduct and document assessments
- Ability to define a BCP service offering for marketing collateral
- Must work daily from the Austin office
- Must be willing to travel (we have designed our product to require between 1/10th and 1/3rd onsite work. The remainder of the work will be performed form our offices. This should translate to 10-30% travel. However, the candidate must be prepared to travel more if necessary.
||No Specific Requirements
||ABCP, CBCP, MBCP